Fundraising Policy for the Goodwill Family Relief Fund implemented by The Jordanian Hashemite Fund for Human Development
This policy outlines JOHUD’s commitments to its donors, including the management of funds, data and potential cancellations and refunds.
This policy covers the following:
- The general and specific responsibilities related to fundraising
- The responsibilities of fundraisers and donors
- The use of the funds received and responsibility for them
- Outlining and clarifying privacy, returns, and cancellation policies
The Jordanian Hashemite Fund for Human Development (JOHUD) guarantees the following:
- JOHUD shall determine the list of beneficiaries within specific criteria that guarantee governance, transparency, accountability and effectiveness.
- JOHUD carries out all activities in accordance with the laws and instructions governing donations issued by the relevant entities.
- JOHUD is accountable to those who have provided funds and donations. JOHUD must refrain from using messages, drawings, and pictures that exploit people’s misfortune or violate their dignity in any way.
- JOHUD does not take advantage of its position to achieve personal benefit, but rather seeks to pursue its goal of distributing donations to eligible beneficiaries and their families.
- All donations collected shall be used for the purposes for which they were collected and according to what JOHUD deems appropriate, during the agreed time period.
- A reliable accounting system is in place to track and monitor the use of donations, prepare timely and accurate reports, and publish them to the public, including the amounts collected and how they were spent.
- JOHUD has a number of local bank accounts, which donors can use to make donations.
- Donors can also donate through the Fund's website www.johud.org.jo.
- The donor has the right to know the campaign start date, duration, and goal.
- Donors can choose to donate on a no-name basis as "benefactor" without providing their names. If donors provide their phone number and address, they will be provided with periodic reports. If they do not, donors will not receive reports or any other information or be able to access it through JOHUD’s website. The donors are considered to have waived their right to receive any information related to the donations they made.
- JOHUD is committed to ensuring the security of all donor information. JOHUD guarantees it will not give any third party access to this information and will adhere to strict security policies and practices in accordance with international standards to maintain its donors and website visitors’ confidentiality.
- Protecting the personal data and information of website visitors is of the highest priority.
- JOHUD does not save or collect any personal data or information without website visitors’ consent.
- All donations are made voluntarily.
2. All donations will reach their recipients and will not be refunded unless in one of the following circumstances:
- If the donor donated by mistake, or the donation amount was incorrect, or if JOHUD or the charitable organization were not the entities that the donor intended.
- In the aforementioned case, kindly communicate with JOHUD via e-mail within a maximum period of 14 days from the date of the donation. Otherwise, the donor is considered to have waived their right to get refunded the amount they donated.
- JOHUD commits to refunding any donations that meet the above criteria within 14 days in a manner JOHUD deems appropriate (in cash or bank transfer), upon verifying the donor’s identity and the provision by the donor of all the information and data required by JOHUD.
- JOHUD has the right to deduct any financial costs, commissions, fees or expenses incurred during the donation process or which may be incurred during the refund process.
- Amounts donated cannot be recovered, in the event that the donation has been distributed to the beneficiaries.
- To request a return, donors must email the following address email@example.com, including the return request and the reasons for the return.
- JOHUD will assess any cancellation request according to what it deems reasonable.
JOHUD will make a decision about whether or not to refund any cancelled donations within 72 hours of the donor providing their identity and any other data required by the Fund. JOHUD retains the right to deduct any expenses, fees or commissions incurred from the total donation amount incurred during the donation process or which may be incurred during the refund process.
- The activity that depended on the donation shall be cancelled immediately, without the applicant having incur any other expenses.
- To cancel, the donor must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the cancellation request.